Philosophy of assessment
My assessment philosophy.
By Leonidas Murillo López.
Dear students,
It is not easy to open my heart and tell you about my
purposes, feelings, and thoughts.
May-be, sometimes, it makes me feel vulnerable, but I
do not care because I want to show you myself as I am. I do not want to
wear a mask. I am a human being as you are. I still have weaknesses and imperfections.
However,
I can assure you that I just want to contribute to your life. I know a little
bit about your fears, doubts, concerns, and everything you face or are going
through because I have walked that path before. I am not here to say that I am
a wise man, but to tell you that I want to be a good soldier in this war
“called life”. Based on my experiences, I can give you some tools to survive
and face what perhaps, you do not know.
Right
now, I will mention two very important issues that everybody needs in life:
love and discipline.
Love,
of course, is not to let you do as you want. Love means to be with you in good
and bad times. Loves also means guiding you through the right road, helping you
make correct decisions, and differentiate well what is true from what is false,
even though you may disagree with the decisions I make.
Love
includes or means to be open to your voice, thoughts, and opinions in order to
find the most convenient one in this formative process.
On
the other hand, discipline is also necessary. It is a word that may be does not
sound good to you, or even to me, but it is an essential element to carry with
us in this tunnel “called life”.
Discipline
does not mean I become a tyrant or that I am going to bully you. Sometimes, you
will think that I do not love you, but further, you will realize that
discipline is necessary.
Discipline
is related to being consistent, stable, and pursue the goals you have, despite
the problems you face in life.
Then,
we need to make synergy between love and discipline if we want to face and
overcome phantoms, monsters, mountains, darkness, and all kinds of difficulties
we face, not only during this facet, but also during our entire lives.
Sincerely,
Your
teacher, Leonidas.
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario